Be an Industry Contributor - Take our Cyberskills Survey!
It’s that time of year again, we’re deploying our annual cyberskills survey to hundreds of cybersecurity hiring managers, business leaders, jobseekers, career changers and current professionals. The results from this survey will be analyzed and compiled into a State of the Workforce report, providing actionable insights you can use to grow your cybersecurity staff, or fine tune your professional career goals. Examples include:
For hiring manager / business leaders:
- Why are my employees training themselves? I.e, to leave their job? Because they feel under-skilled? Because they want to be promoted?
- What are the motivations that drive cybersecurity professionals so I can better understand how to retain talent and build my bench from within?
- What are professionals learning today and tomorrow that I can use in my organization that I may have overlooked?
For current cybersecurity professionals / jobseekers:
- What skills/certifications have biggest return on investment? (either those I've overlooked or are willing to learn)
- Am I possibly learning a skill or earning a certification that is not in demand?
- What roles does my current skillset prepare me for? Is it in demand, and if not, how can I shift?
“By identifying discrepancies in what companies need and professionals are learning, we can help align expectations between jobseekers and job creators and uncover talent companies may have overlooked,” explained Edward Hartmann, Evolve Academy Curriculum Developer and report contributor.
It’s clear from research, industry news and anecdotal insights from our clients and colleagues, that the talent gap in our industry, combined with the “Great Resignation” or “Great Reshuffling” is continuing to wreak havoc on the hiring process during a time when well-trained, disciplined, and resourceful cybersecurity talent is needed more than ever. And of course, current cybersecurity measures businesses, governments and individuals have in place are increasingly being overpowered by the growing sophistication of cybercriminals.
Add to these stats that nearly 7 in 10 (69%) of U.S. companies have reported talent shortages and difficulty hiring – a 15-year high, and it appears that there is much to gain in getting more insights and data about what kind of cybersecurity pros companies are hiring for, how jobseekers should be trained or re-trained, what’s realistic and what’s not.
Through this survey and resulting report, we’ll learn, contrast, and compare what skills and roles are important to organizations and how that connects or disconnects with what professionals are interested in mastering. This information can help create more relevant and successful job descriptions and postings, as well as guide applicants on how to tailor their job search or certification path. We’ll also uncover what skills employers are having a tough time finding vs. which skills professionals are pursuing.
We hope you will take a few minutes to fill out our survey and share your experience. When you do, we’ll put you on the top of our list to receive an early copy of the report as soon as it is compiled.
Click here to help contribute your expertise and insights. It will only take you about 8 minutes and you’ll be helping provide the real-world information needed in our industry.